Looking for something to do for the fourth of July? There’s a variety of activities in the Newport Beach area this year!
Independence Day Parade & Celebration
The City of Newport Beach and the Mariners Elementary School Foundation will host the 38th annual Independence Day Parade and Celebration on Saturday, July 3 at Mariners Park, 1300 Irvine Ave., Newport Beach. The parade will begin at the corner of Commodore & Mariners Drive at 10:30 a.m. and the celebration will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the park.
The festivities will include free entertainment, face painting, arts & crafts, food for sale, and games and activities available with a purchased wristband. Wristbands are $15 each ($10 for toddlers) and can be purchased in advance or at the event. To pre-purchase wristbands, please visit www.marinersfoundation.com by June 29. For more information about the Independence Day Parade & Celebration, please visit the Mariners Foundation website or call 949-644-3151. www.marinersesf.ejoinme.org
Old Glory Boat Parade
The 53rd annual “Old Glory Boat Parade” sponsored by the American Legion Yacht Club and the American Legion Post 291 will be held in Newport Harbor on July 4, beginning at 1 p.m. See the harbor at its patriotic best as boats decorated in red-white & blue move through the water. For more information about the parade, including the best viewing locations, please click here.
The City is co-sponsoring a Fireworks Extravaganza with the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach; (949) 729-3863.
The fireworks show will begin at 9 p.m. on Sunday, July 4, but the Dunes has planned a full-day of activities for those interested in spending their holiday by the Back Bay. A mix of live bands and a DJ will provide entertainment starting at 12 p.m. They will perform until fireworks go off which will start at 9:00 p.m sharp. Activities will include: volleyball, limbo contest, horseshoes, hula hoop contest, and more. Free kids activities include: velcro wall, giant slide, bungee run, etc.
There will be a $35 per car parking fee activities. For more information, please call (949) 729-DUNE or visit www.newportdunes.com
Other 4th of July activities in the Orange County area:
- Star-spangled Groovy Fest | Newport Beach | www.NewportDunes.com
- Fireworks and Parade Cruises | Newport Beach | www.cruisenewportbeach.com
- Concert on the Green and Firework Festival | Irvine | www.irvinepa.com
- Fireworks on-the-Water Spectacular | Dana Point | www.dolphinsafari.com
- 4th of July Parade & Pier Festival | Huntington Beach | www.hb4thofjuly.org
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at firstname.lastname@example.org for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018
- 42 Deep Sea in Crystal Cove, Newport Beach. Offered at $21,995,000. - August 29, 2018