New Prudential Real Estate Poll: Americans Increasingly Optimistic About Homeownership
Prudential Real Estate, a Brookfield Residential Property Services company, today released a new national survey showing that Americans are significantly more optimistic about homeownership than they were a year ago. According to the second-annual Prudential Real Estate Outlook Survey, a full 60 percent of Americans have favorable views toward the real estate market. That’s up 8 points since last year.
The survey shows that signs of increasing optimism are widespread:
- With interest rates at historically low levels, 96 percent agree or somewhat agree that now is a good time to buy.
- A full 70 perce3nt of respondents have some degree of confidence that property values will improve over the next two years; with an 8 point increase in those very confident or confident compared to last year.
- 63 percent believe that real estate is a good investment despite the recent market volatility; that’s up 11 points from last year.
The survey confirms that despite the recession, homeownership remains a central part of the American Dream. Eight in 10 respondents said homeownership is very important to them; only 15 percent said the economic downturn made homeownership less important….
Read the rest of this article here: “New Prudential Real Estate Poll: Americans Increasingly Optimistic About Homeownership.”
If you have any questions about the real estate market, or are interested in listing or buying, please don't hesitate to contact me at (714) 914-9060 or Renee@bhhscdm.com!
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Orange County Events for Memorial Day Weekend - May 22, 2015
- Keep Your Home Sale from Falling Apart - May 19, 2015
- Open House! 1215 Bayside Drive #103, Corona del Mar - May 16, 2015