As a positive sign for the U.S. economy and housing conditions, Americans are reportedly more optimistic about buying a home, according to the PulteGroup Home Index survey. Overall attitudes toward buying a home is trending positive, and Margaret Gramann, senior vice president of sales for PulteGroup, Inc., commented, “For the first time in years, Americans have a growing sense of optimism that the housing market is improving, and that these positive changes may be sustainable.”
Making sense of the story
- The survey found that 67 percent of people say they plan on purchasing a home, and of that amount, 32 percent are looking to buy within the next two years.
- Twenty-one percent would move up their buying timeline if they were able to sell their current home at a higher price point/break their lease without penalty.
- The results indicate that 57 percent of adults think now is a good or excellent time to purchase items they want or need, especially when it comes to entering the housing market.
- Millennials and move-up buyers represent the most engaged consumer segments, 85 percent and 71 percent, respectively, intending to purchase a home in the future.
- As for baby boomer trends, 50 percent of those aged 55 and older are looking to purchase a home in the future.
- Seventy percent of home shoppers plan to spend more or as much money on their next home, and 64 percent prefer to spend more on a home that’s move-in ready rather than spend less and renovate.
Read the full story from the source: http://www.housingwire.com/articles/29866-americans-are-ready-to-spend-moneyespecially-on-housing
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or email@example.com for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- LUXURIOUS CUSTOM HOME IN PELICAN CREST | NEWPORT COAST |$16,950,000 - September 21, 2017
- RENEE WEST DOES IT AGAIN! – ONE OF A KIND CONDO IN CORONA DEL MAR, CA - September 15, 2017
- 15Skysail Drive, Corona del Mar. A Rare find – View + Elegance & Quality – $1,779,000 - July 14, 2017