Do you know what to do to be safe when your home’s on the market?
When you’re a home seller, yes–you’re selling your home. But you also need to keep you and your family safe. Here’s some solid safety advice from the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS:
Keep your personal info safe:
- Hide bills, invoices, mail, credit card and bank statements, and anything with identifying information like your Social Security Number
- Anything with family names on it or photos should be put away
- Lock your medications away
Protect yourself from liability
- Are all the walkways, driveways and hallways free from trip hazards?
- Secure your pets; don’t let them just wander around the house or yard
- Do everything you can to make sure the agents and prospective buyers are not in danger
Hide your belongings to protect yourself against breakage or theft
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Your wallet or purse: money, checks and credit cards
- Keys to your home and vehicles
- Rare, antique, or treasured decor, art and furniture
- Any firearms and knives (including that kitchen knife block!) should be locked away to insure both safety and security
Be cautious of strangers
- Don’t let anyone in without an appointment (some sellers even choose to refuse entry to those showing up overly late or early to their appointments)
- All appointments should be, for extra safety, be scheduled in advance with your agent, their office, or the agent representing the potential buyer
- If your intuition is wary, call your Realtor or authorities immediately!
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- I am celebrating my Chairman’s Circle Gold Award from my Brokerage. I received this Award commending my professionalism, diligence, integrity, and sales accomplishments. - March 5, 2018
- LAGUNA BEACH CUSTOM HOME OVERLOOKING CRESCENT BAY, EMERALD BAY, AND THE MAGNIFICENT IRVINE COVE. OFFERED FOR $13,900,000. - March 5, 2018
- This striking Cape Code home offers seamless transitions, blending interior and exterior environments with ease. 3 Bedroom, Office (converted from the 4th bedroom), 4.5 baths,4 fireplaces, outside fire pit, flex room, bonus room showcasing the Turret.Listed for $5,495,000. Contact Renee West for your private showing. Hurry, this move-in ready home will be sold very soon. - February 25, 2018