Do you know what to do to be safe when your home’s on the market?
When you’re a home seller, yes–you’re selling your home. But you also need to keep you and your family safe. Here’s some solid safety advice from the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS:
Keep your personal info safe:
- Hide bills, invoices, mail, credit card and bank statements, and anything with identifying information like your Social Security Number
- Anything with family names on it or photos should be put away
- Lock your medications away
Protect yourself from liability
- Are all the walkways, driveways and hallways free from trip hazards?
- Secure your pets; don’t let them just wander around the house or yard
- Do everything you can to make sure the agents and prospective buyers are not in danger
Hide your belongings to protect yourself against breakage or theft
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Your wallet or purse: money, checks and credit cards
- Keys to your home and vehicles
- Rare, antique, or treasured decor, art and furniture
- Any firearms and knives (including that kitchen knife block!) should be locked away to insure both safety and security
Be cautious of strangers
- Don’t let anyone in without an appointment (some sellers even choose to refuse entry to those showing up overly late or early to their appointments)
- All appointments should be, for extra safety, be scheduled in advance with your agent, their office, or the agent representing the potential buyer
- If your intuition is wary, call your Realtor or authorities immediately!
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or email@example.com for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Custom built interior1 bedroom 1.5 bath condo. Located in the Vista Del Lido complex. Listed for $1,999,999. Contact me to see this exclusive condo. - January 12, 2018
- Resort-like estate in27500 La Vida,Los Altos Hills, one of Silicon Valley’s exclusive residential communities.Offered for $68,000,000. - January 2, 2018
- Magnificent home located in Ritz Cove. Guard-gated community setbetween the Five Star Ritz Carlton Hoteland the Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point. Offered for $13,450,000. - December 31, 2017