- The difficulty in applying for and getting a large loan from lenders, mainly due to the difficulty appraisers face in valuing luxury property.
- Reflects speculation by wealthy investors who believe home prices are near the bottom.
- Housing is thought by many to be a wise financial investment, a place to put some of their money.
- Foreclosures becoming a significant factor in the market.
- Investors buying auction sales in order to buy and flip homes.
- Investors looking for a fast close.
Overall, cash deals accounted for 27.8% of Southern California home sales last year–the most since 1988 according to DataQuick, and double the average of 13% for the last decade.
All of these cash transactions are making it difficult for traditional buyers who must finance their purchases.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Live on the secluded Promontory bay in the Newport Harbor. Listed for $4,795,000. Generous sunny patio and your own private docks!!! - May 25, 2019
- This turnkey, Lido Village, Bayfront home features a private 100’ boat slip, one of the largest boat accommodations in Newport Harbor. Contact Renee for your private showing- email@example.com. - April 18, 2019
- European Inspired Villa in Dana Point!Offered at $7,333,333.00. Contact Renee West : firstname.lastname@example.org your exclusive tour around the Dana Point community! - April 15, 2019