- The difficulty in applying for and getting a large loan from lenders, mainly due to the difficulty appraisers face in valuing luxury property.
- Reflects speculation by wealthy investors who believe home prices are near the bottom.
- Housing is thought by many to be a wise financial investment, a place to put some of their money.
- Foreclosures becoming a significant factor in the market.
- Investors buying auction sales in order to buy and flip homes.
- Investors looking for a fast close.
Overall, cash deals accounted for 27.8% of Southern California home sales last year–the most since 1988 according to DataQuick, and double the average of 13% for the last decade.
All of these cash transactions are making it difficult for traditional buyers who must finance their purchases.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Benedict Canyon- minutes from rodeo Drive and the Beverly Hills Hotel.Offered for $68,000,000. Contact Renee West for your personal brochure. - October 1, 2018
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at email@example.com for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018