In need of Mother’s Day ideas for things to do in Newport Beach?
Mother’s Day is in one short week — do you have plans yet? If not, check out these suggestions for the Newport Beach and Corona del Mar area:
- Treat her to a shopping trip at Orange County’s luxurious shopping center: Fashion Island.
- Lay out on the sand at one of our many beaches (there’s plenty of sand to choose from, with Newport Beach’s more than eight miles of shoreline!): Corona del Mar State Beach, Little Corona Beach, Crystal Cove State Beach, The Wedge, Newport Municipal Beach, Newport Pier at Balboa Peninsula.
- Enjoy a picnic dinner at Inspiration Point overlooking Newport Beach’s harbor entrance and watch the sunset.
- Kayak in the harbor and part-way up the Back Bay.
- Rent a sail boat and explore the coastline.
- Take her to brunch. The OC Register has a Mother’s Day brunch guide.
- If the grandkids are joining in on the celebration of Mom, check out the Fun Zone, with its mini amusement park.
- Take a nostalgic ride on the Balboa Ferry.
- Is she adventurous? Sign up for a jetpack experience with Jetpack America in the harbor.
- Putter about the bay in a Duffy electric boat.
- Indulge at Newport Beach Vineyards and Winery.
- Rent bikes and ride around Balboa Peninsula.
- Stroll down the Balboa Boardwalk on the Peninsula.
- If your mom is a gardener, wander around Sherman Library & Gardens or Roger’s Gardens for beautiful landscaping and gorgeous plants.
- Go on a whale-watching cruise in the Pacific along Newport Beach’s coastline.
- Enjoy the luxurious life at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast.
- Explore Balboa Island: the houses, the waterways, the quaint shops, even the banana stands!
- Relax with a couple of good books at Newport Beach Library.
- Give her tickets to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. They currently have a 25% off promotion running until the 10th when you enter MOM25 at checkout.
- Go to Roger’s Gardens 21st Annual Amatuar Rose Show & Contest — to stop and smell the roses.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Benedict Canyon- minutes from rodeo Drive and the Beverly Hills Hotel.Offered for $68,000,000. Contact Renee West for your personal brochure. - October 1, 2018
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at firstname.lastname@example.org for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018