1. Corona del Mar’s newest surf shop will hold a grand opening party from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Hobie Surf Shop quietly opened its doors for business on Tuesday, but the big bash will take place over the weekend at the shop at 3140 East Coast Highway. Hurley athletes including Rob Machado, Adrian “Ace” Buchan, Evan Geiselman, Conner Coffin, Yadin Nicol, Timmy Curran and Erik Roner will be on hand, and there will be giveaways, music by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf and food from the Kogi BBQ truck. Sounds like the Corona del Mar party of the summer, with shopping too — we will definitely be there!
2. Our kids are addicted to the show “Kid in A Candy Store,” so how can we refuse the chance to let them actually be kids in a brand-new candy store? The Orange Candy Store will hold its grand opening event from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at 144 N. Glassell St. in Old Towne Orange. The mayor will take part in the official ribbon cutting ceremony, and there will be a kids face painter, a balloon artist, giveaways and retro candy galore. (Read a great write up in the Orange County Register here.)
3. Roger’s Gardens will hold its August “In My Edible Garden” event at 9 a.m. Saturday, where you can learn about everything edible, from herbs and vegetables to fruits and more. “Steve Hampson, edible gardener extraordinaire, will lead a lively and interactive discussion about what, where and when to plant, prune, feed and harvest; with lots of audience participation,” according to Roger’s website. Also, Saturday is the last day to get 20 percent off patio furniture as the Outdoor Living sale ends. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road; call (949) 640-5800 for more information.
4. If shopping isn’t your thing, head to Crystal Cove State Park for the Crystal Cove in the Summer Backcountry hike at 9 a.m. Saturday. The hike is free, but there is a $15 day-use parking fee. Meet at the El Moro Visitors Center.
List and article from Corona del Mar Today.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at firstname.lastname@example.org for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018
- 42 Deep Sea in Crystal Cove, Newport Beach. Offered at $21,995,000. - August 29, 2018