1. Corona del Mar’s newest surf shop will hold a grand opening party from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Hobie Surf Shop quietly opened its doors for business on Tuesday, but the big bash will take place over the weekend at the shop at 3140 East Coast Highway. Hurley athletes including Rob Machado, Adrian “Ace” Buchan, Evan Geiselman, Conner Coffin, Yadin Nicol, Timmy Curran and Erik Roner will be on hand, and there will be giveaways, music by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf and food from the Kogi BBQ truck. Sounds like the Corona del Mar party of the summer, with shopping too — we will definitely be there!
2. Our kids are addicted to the show “Kid in A Candy Store,” so how can we refuse the chance to let them actually be kids in a brand-new candy store? The Orange Candy Store will hold its grand opening event from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at 144 N. Glassell St. in Old Towne Orange. The mayor will take part in the official ribbon cutting ceremony, and there will be a kids face painter, a balloon artist, giveaways and retro candy galore. (Read a great write up in the Orange County Register here.)
3. Roger’s Gardens will hold its August “In My Edible Garden” event at 9 a.m. Saturday, where you can learn about everything edible, from herbs and vegetables to fruits and more. “Steve Hampson, edible gardener extraordinaire, will lead a lively and interactive discussion about what, where and when to plant, prune, feed and harvest; with lots of audience participation,” according to Roger’s website. Also, Saturday is the last day to get 20 percent off patio furniture as the Outdoor Living sale ends. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road; call (949) 640-5800 for more information.
4. If shopping isn’t your thing, head to Crystal Cove State Park for the Crystal Cove in the Summer Backcountry hike at 9 a.m. Saturday. The hike is free, but there is a $15 day-use parking fee. Meet at the El Moro Visitors Center.
List and article from Corona del Mar Today.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- UPGRADED, SINGLE LEVEL, RESIDENCE OFFERING SOPHISTICATED INTERIOR FINISHES, NO STEPS TO THE ENTRANCE. LISTED AT$4,875,000. - January 10, 2019
- LIVE ON THE BAY FRONT IN NEWPORT BEACH. EXCEPTIONAL ARCHITECTURE DESIGNED TO CAPTIVATE THE INDOOR /OUTDOOR LIVING AREAS. LISTED AT $5,550,000. PARK YOUR YACHT IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. - January 9, 2019
- CONTEMPORARY CRYSTAL COVE ESTATE IN NEWPORT BEACH. ELEGANCE ABOUND. LISTED FOR $21,995,000. - January 9, 2019