Getting the best price when selling your home
Thinking of selling your home? Consider upgrading a few elements before a home appraisal–and stay away from a few items. Renovating a few aspects of your house may put you ahead of other homesellers, especially considering how difficult it is to sell at a reasonable price in this current market. Houzz has some great suggestions! Following are a few of the best, but go to Houzz.com to read all of them!
- An open layout
- Extra perks in the kitchen (wine fridge, instant hot water central vacuum)
- Repaint bathroom tub if necessary
- Add shutters or new plants to freshen up the exterior
- Talk to the appraiser before inspection (read Houzz’s article to find out why)
- Get a second opinion
- Fix outdated counters — just replace!
- Have any room in your home feel dark or have outdated colors
- Try to change your home’s architectural style
- Stage your home — do this when actually listing it, if needed