No longer an on-foot search, home shopping is now extensive and mainly done online
Christopher Dillon of the Financial Times has written a new series on the many ways to find out more about potential homes — you’ll be surprised at how much information can be found on a prospective neighborhood and house (or even on your house!).
Check out the article for the thorough report of virtual places to sleuth around for a house, but here’s a summary on some of the most interesting websites to find house and location details:
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (at eiu.com) gives an annual liveability index that takes into consideration such things as: culture, access to education, stability, and more.
- Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles (healthyplan.la) gives maps with information on demographics, transportation, crime, etc in 35 districts.
- Transparency International (transparency.org) provides citizens’ thoughts on individual areas’ corruption.
- The US Drug Enforcement Agency (justice.gov/dea) posts a registry on America’s thousands of dwellings that have been documented as methamphetamine labs.
- And so many more resources online
Although you can find out much information about a home just from an Internet search, don’t neglect the simple fact that your real estate agent, a title company, and simply walking around the neighborhood and talking to neighbors provides much valuable, hands-on information!
If I can provide any real estate assistance to you, why don’t you give me a call or send me an email?
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or email@example.com for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- I am celebrating my Chairman’s Circle Gold Award from my Brokerage. I received this Award commending my professionalism, diligence, integrity, and sales accomplishments. - March 5, 2018
- LAGUNA BEACH CUSTOM HOME OVERLOOKING CRESCENT BAY, EMERALD BAY, AND THE MAGNIFICENT IRVINE COVE. OFFERED FOR $13,900,000. - March 5, 2018
- This striking Cape Code home offers seamless transitions, blending interior and exterior environments with ease. 3 Bedroom, Office (converted from the 4th bedroom), 4.5 baths,4 fireplaces, outside fire pit, flex room, bonus room showcasing the Turret.Listed for $5,495,000. Contact Renee West for your private showing. Hurry, this move-in ready home will be sold very soon. - February 25, 2018