No longer an on-foot search, home shopping is now extensive and mainly done online
Christopher Dillon of the Financial Times has written a new series on the many ways to find out more about potential homes — you’ll be surprised at how much information can be found on a prospective neighborhood and house (or even on your house!).
Check out the article for the thorough report of virtual places to sleuth around for a house, but here’s a summary on some of the most interesting websites to find house and location details:
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (at eiu.com) gives an annual liveability index that takes into consideration such things as: culture, access to education, stability, and more.
- Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles (healthyplan.la) gives maps with information on demographics, transportation, crime, etc in 35 districts.
- Transparency International (transparency.org) provides citizens’ thoughts on individual areas’ corruption.
- The US Drug Enforcement Agency (justice.gov/dea) posts a registry on America’s thousands of dwellings that have been documented as methamphetamine labs.
- And so many more resources online
Although you can find out much information about a home just from an Internet search, don’t neglect the simple fact that your real estate agent, a title company, and simply walking around the neighborhood and talking to neighbors provides much valuable, hands-on information!
If I can provide any real estate assistance to you, why don’t you give me a call or send me an email?
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Benedict Canyon- minutes from rodeo Drive and the Beverly Hills Hotel.Offered for $68,000,000. Contact Renee West for your personal brochure. - October 1, 2018
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at firstname.lastname@example.org for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018