No longer an on-foot search, home shopping is now extensive and mainly done online
Christopher Dillon of the Financial Times has written a new series on the many ways to find out more about potential homes — you’ll be surprised at how much information can be found on a prospective neighborhood and house (or even on your house!).
Check out the article for the thorough report of virtual places to sleuth around for a house, but here’s a summary on some of the most interesting websites to find house and location details:
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (at eiu.com) gives an annual liveability index that takes into consideration such things as: culture, access to education, stability, and more.
- Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles (healthyplan.la) gives maps with information on demographics, transportation, crime, etc in 35 districts.
- Transparency International (transparency.org) provides citizens’ thoughts on individual areas’ corruption.
- The US Drug Enforcement Agency (justice.gov/dea) posts a registry on America’s thousands of dwellings that have been documented as methamphetamine labs.
- And so many more resources online
Although you can find out much information about a home just from an Internet search, don’t neglect the simple fact that your real estate agent, a title company, and simply walking around the neighborhood and talking to neighbors provides much valuable, hands-on information!
If I can provide any real estate assistance to you, why don’t you give me a call or send me an email?
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- LUXURIOUS CUSTOM HOME IN PELICAN CREST | NEWPORT COAST |$16,950,000 - September 21, 2017
- RENEE WEST DOES IT AGAIN! – ONE OF A KIND CONDO IN CORONA DEL MAR, CA - September 15, 2017
- 15Skysail Drive, Corona del Mar. A Rare find – View + Elegance & Quality – $1,779,000 - July 14, 2017