Strongest March for O.C. homebuying since ’07
Orange County’s spring house shopping season got off to a fine start with the best March for sales since 2007.
DataQuick reports that 2,856 residences sold last month — a 9.2% improvement vs. a year ago and the best March since 3,130 sold in 2007. Still, the rising activity is another sign of the slower pace of recent years as last month’s Orange County sales total was up 14% vs. the average of the previous five years — yet down 25% vs. the 1988-2011 average…
…By key slices, here how March looked:
- Resale houses: 1,825 sold, up 10.3% vs. a year ago and best March since 2007. Median selling price of $462,750 — that is down 5.4% vs. a year ago.
- Resale condos: 877 sold, up 12.9% vs. a year ago and best March since 2006. Median selling price of $260,000 — that is down 10.8% vs. a year ago.
- Builder’s new homes: 154 sold, down 16.3% vs. a year ago – but best sales count since August. Median selling price of $575,000 — that is up 14.4% vs. a year ago.
Read the rest of this article by OCRegister here: “Strongest March for O.C. homebuying since ’07“
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- New Home located in the Baycrest Area of Newport beach - June 2, 2016
- Channel Reef Gallery of Photos - May 19, 2016
- MUSEUM’S FUTURE HINGES ON CONDO TOWER - April 15, 2016