A recently released survey by ZipRealty found men often seek luxurious bathrooms, guest bedrooms, dining rooms, and views in homes, whereas women most-often desire home offices when searching for a home to purchase.
- Nearly 45 percent of men rated a home with a view as a high priority and 28 percent reported a luxurious bathroom as a high priority. By comparison, only 33 percent of women rated a home with a view as a high priority and 23 percent reported a luxurious bathroom as important. More than 70 percent of men indicated a guest bedroom as a must-have compared with 63 percent of women.
- The percentage of home shoppers ranking a home office as a high priority rose to 39 percent compared with 35 percent in 2008.
- The three biggest turn-offs when viewing a home in person are structural damage, bad odors, a busy street, and an awkward floor plan, according to the survey. While searching online, lack of parking, few or no photos, and small square footage are the biggest deal breakers.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- UPGRADED, SINGLE LEVEL, RESIDENCE OFFERING SOPHISTICATED INTERIOR FINISHES, NO STEPS TO THE ENTRANCE. LISTED AT$4,875,000. - January 10, 2019
- LIVE ON THE BAY FRONT IN NEWPORT BEACH. EXCEPTIONAL ARCHITECTURE DESIGNED TO CAPTIVATE THE INDOOR /OUTDOOR LIVING AREAS. LISTED AT $5,550,000. PARK YOUR YACHT IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. - January 9, 2019
- CONTEMPORARY CRYSTAL COVE ESTATE IN NEWPORT BEACH. ELEGANCE ABOUND. LISTED FOR $21,995,000. - January 9, 2019