A recently released survey by ZipRealty found men often seek luxurious bathrooms, guest bedrooms, dining rooms, and views in homes, whereas women most-often desire home offices when searching for a home to purchase.
- Nearly 45 percent of men rated a home with a view as a high priority and 28 percent reported a luxurious bathroom as a high priority. By comparison, only 33 percent of women rated a home with a view as a high priority and 23 percent reported a luxurious bathroom as important. More than 70 percent of men indicated a guest bedroom as a must-have compared with 63 percent of women.
- The percentage of home shoppers ranking a home office as a high priority rose to 39 percent compared with 35 percent in 2008.
- The three biggest turn-offs when viewing a home in person are structural damage, bad odors, a busy street, and an awkward floor plan, according to the survey. While searching online, lack of parking, few or no photos, and small square footage are the biggest deal breakers.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- NEW CONSTRUCTION ON THE BLUFFS OF CORONA DEL MAR.4541 BRIGHTON ROAD, CORONA DEL MAR- “THE CROWN OF THE SEA”. OFFERED FOR $27,995,000. - September 18, 2018
- 9 Del Mar, Newport Coast, Newport Beach, CA. “Truly the finest estate in Crystal Cove”. Listed at $35,000,000. Contact Agent Renee West at firstname.lastname@example.org for full disclosure. - August 30, 2018
- 42 Deep Sea in Crystal Cove, Newport Beach. Offered at $21,995,000. - August 29, 2018