Thinking of buying a home but hesitant to start the process? While it’s an unknown road to begin for every first-time homeowner, it doesn’t have to be treacherous.
Here’s a helpful guide to the home buying process, taking you on the journey in a short and simplified manner:
- Do pre-home search prep:
- figure out if you are financially ready to buy a home by getting a credit report
- figuring out how much you can afford
- getting pre-approved for a loan, and
- checking current home prices
- Start the home search:
- find a real estate agent (give me, Renee West, a call to see how I can help!)
- view listings online and in-person
- research neighborhoods (what’s important to you — schools? Walkability? Let me help!), and
- talk to neighbors once you’ve found a potential living
- Make an offer:
- have your agent research any liens and unpaid property taxes about the home before making an offer
- figure out your offer price
- determine your contingencies, and
- finally make your purchase offer
- Your offer was accepted!:
- hire a home inspector
- get the home appraised
- review and sign required transaction paperwork
- make purchase funds available
- complete final verification of property condition, and
- sign closing and mortgage documents
- Congrats on your home!
Contact Renee West or your real estate agent for more information and advice on the home buying process!
Information and infographic from Market Leader.
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or email@example.com for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- CUSTOM CONDO IN THE HEART OF LIDO VILLAGE. OPEN HOUSE TODAY – 11:00 – 2:00 pm. LISTED FOR $1,595,000. See you today. - February 9, 2018
- Welcome to 210 Narcissus Ave, Corona del Mar, south of the Coast Highway, steps from the Ocean. Tired of all the fixers that are on the market? This home is MOVE-IN READY, FOR YOU! Offered for $5,495,000. - February 8, 2018
- Laguna Beach Compound, famously known as“Rockledge By The Sea”. Contemporary Architecture. Offered for $37,500,000. - February 4, 2018