You test drive new cars and consider your financing options before making a decision on which vehicle to buy, so why shouldn’t you plan your decision to buy a house and do all the research you can? Make sure you have these bases covered when you are considering buying a home:
- Check on your credit report‘s information and accuracy; you can get a free credit report on www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Pay your bills on time and reduce your debt to both prevent: lowering your credit score and straining your financial budget.
- Meet with your real estate agent and lender to discuss your housing and financial needs and to get advice on proceeding with the home search and the loan approval.
- Walk through your current home with your agent if you will be selling the property. Your Realtor can give advice on enhancing its resale value.
- Learn about your legal rights and real estate terminology so that you know your way around the housing transaction.
- Get preapproved for a loan so that you’re able to better negotiate with sellers when submitting offers, as well as shortening the amount of time it will take to close escrow.
- Ask questions about the purchase offer and mortgage documents before you sign.
- Be available and patient with your lender and agent. Your availability to sign paperwork will help close the transaction quicker.
- Make a list of what you really need in a home. With the high cost of purchasing property, avoid making an impulse buy that you can’t afford. If you make a list of what you really need, your agent will have a better idea of which available (and that are in your price range!) properties to show you.
- Walk through as many available homes in your price range and with your must-have requirements as possible. Compare each one to your list and make a thoughtful decision on your family’s home.
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Custom built interior1 bedroom 1.5 bath condo. Located in the Vista Del Lido complex. Listed for $1,999,999. Contact me to see this exclusive condo. - January 12, 2018
- Resort-like estate in27500 La Vida,Los Altos Hills, one of Silicon Valley’s exclusive residential communities.Offered for $68,000,000. - January 2, 2018
- Magnificent home located in Ritz Cove. Guard-gated community setbetween the Five Star Ritz Carlton Hoteland the Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point. Offered for $13,450,000. - December 31, 2017