You test drive new cars and consider your financing options before making a decision on which vehicle to buy, so why shouldn’t you plan your decision to buy a house and do all the research you can? Make sure you have these bases covered when you are considering buying a home:
- Check on your credit report‘s information and accuracy; you can get a free credit report on www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Pay your bills on time and reduce your debt to both prevent: lowering your credit score and straining your financial budget.
- Meet with your real estate agent and lender to discuss your housing and financial needs and to get advice on proceeding with the home search and the loan approval.
- Walk through your current home with your agent if you will be selling the property. Your Realtor can give advice on enhancing its resale value.
- Learn about your legal rights and real estate terminology so that you know your way around the housing transaction.
- Get preapproved for a loan so that you’re able to better negotiate with sellers when submitting offers, as well as shortening the amount of time it will take to close escrow.
- Ask questions about the purchase offer and mortgage documents before you sign.
- Be available and patient with your lender and agent. Your availability to sign paperwork will help close the transaction quicker.
- Make a list of what you really need in a home. With the high cost of purchasing property, avoid making an impulse buy that you can’t afford. If you make a list of what you really need, your agent will have a better idea of which available (and that are in your price range!) properties to show you.
- Walk through as many available homes in your price range and with your must-have requirements as possible. Compare each one to your list and make a thoughtful decision on your family’s home.
Contact me at (714) 914 9060 or email@example.com for all you real estate wants and needs.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- ENJOY THE NEWPORT BEACH LIFESTYLE. 701 BAYSIDE DRIVE, NEWPORT BEACH. OFFERED AT $7,499,000. - October 16, 2017
- SOLD-CORONA DEL MAR, NEWPORT BEACH, CA- CONDO- PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT: $1,246.000-1227 BAYSIDE, DR. CDM - September 27, 2017
- LUXURIOUS CUSTOM HOME IN PELICAN CREST | NEWPORT COAST |$16,950,000 - September 21, 2017