Do you need something repaired or done around your home? Rather than hiring just anyone, do your research to help avoid problems!
Here’s some tips to get the best work done!
- Shop around — getting multiple bids from contractors and handymen is the best way to get a fair price
- Depending on the job, hire a licensed contractor — check with the Contractors State License Board to make sure a contractor’s license is active and in good standing. There’s some jobs that just about anyone can do and do well, so a contractor isn’t always necessary, but if you’re having anything major done, permits and a contractor are needed.
- Get the quote or contract in writing — just like in real estate transactions, written contracts protect both you and the contractor.
- Better yet, get specific contracts spelled out on paper.
- Get a copy of whatever you sign — once again, this helps to protect both sides.
- If there’s any changes to the price or project details, mark it down on your contract.
- Check the financial terms — especially on large projects, you should know what the bottom line amount is going to be. Make sure you know all of the finance terms — total price, who and when to pay, interest rate — before you sign that contract.
This infographic is from the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS.
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- This turnkey, Lido Village, Bayfront home features a private 100’ boat slip, one of the largest boat accommodations in Newport Harbor. Contact Renee for your private showing- firstname.lastname@example.org. - April 18, 2019
- European Inspired Villa in Dana Point!Offered at $7,333,333.00. Contact Renee West : email@example.com your exclusive tour around the Dana Point community! - April 15, 2019
- 1813 E Bay Ave, Newport Beach. The most distinctive home located on the Newport Peninsula! Asking $44,995,000. Email firstname.lastname@example.org – your Newport Beach Real Estate Agent. - April 4, 2019