No longer an on-foot search, home shopping is now extensive and mainly done online
Christopher Dillon of the Financial Times has written a new series on the many ways to find out more about potential homes — you’ll be surprised at how much information can be found on a prospective neighborhood and house (or even on your house!).
Check out the article for the thorough report of virtual places to sleuth around for a house, but here’s a summary on some of the most interesting websites to find house and location details:
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (at eiu.com) gives an annual liveability index that takes into consideration such things as: culture, access to education, stability, and more.
- Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles (healthyplan.la) gives maps with information on demographics, transportation, crime, etc in 35 districts.
- Transparency International (transparency.org) provides citizens’ thoughts on individual areas’ corruption.
- The US Drug Enforcement Agency (justice.gov/dea) posts a registry on America’s thousands of dwellings that have been documented as methamphetamine labs.
- And so many more resources online
Although you can find out much information about a home just from an Internet search, don’t neglect the simple fact that your real estate agent, a title company, and simply walking around the neighborhood and talking to neighbors provides much valuable, hands-on information!
If I can provide any real estate assistance to you, why don’t you give me a call or send me an email?
Latest posts by Renee West (see all)
- Live on the secluded Promontory bay in the Newport Harbor. Listed for $4,795,000. Generous sunny patio and your own private docks!!! - May 25, 2019
- This turnkey, Lido Village, Bayfront home features a private 100’ boat slip, one of the largest boat accommodations in Newport Harbor. Contact Renee for your private showing- firstname.lastname@example.org. - April 18, 2019
- European Inspired Villa in Dana Point!Offered at $7,333,333.00. Contact Renee West : email@example.com your exclusive tour around the Dana Point community! - April 15, 2019